Note on picture: Sea kraits are sea snakes that go onto land, true sea snakes spend their whole lives in the water.
10 Fabulous Sea Snakes Facts
1. Sea snakes are reptiles and need to breathe air.
2. 50 different species of true sea snakes live in the tropical waters of the Indian and Pacific Oceans.
3. A beaked sea snake venom is 4x more deadly than a cobra’s.
4. Sea snakes move by wriggling like an “S”
5. Most sea snakes are 3-5 feet (0.9-1.5 meters) long, but some can reach lengths of 8 feet (2.4 meters).
6. A sea snake can hold its breath for 2-3 hours!
7. A sea snakes spits out excess salt on its forked tongue.
8. True sea snakes do not lay eggs. The eggs develop in the female and the young are born alive.
9. Sea snakes have 2-20 young, around 12 inches long (0.3 meters)
And the last sea snakes fact is:
10. The few predators sea snakes have are sharks, moray eels, sea eagles (a type of bird).
Also see: 10 Fabulous Sea Cucumber Facts
As well as: Snake Facts-Sea Snakes and Water Snakes from Kidzone